Basic Emergency First Aid
Global Institute of Management System provides professional QHSE services on a consultancy basis. We ensure independent and unbiased views are delivered on all health and safety issues within the workplace and consultancy needs are tailored to suit client’s in-house requirements.
The importance and need for health and safety training in today’s climate in all industries is crucial, and thus it is essential courses selected are not only cost effective but also valuable.
Course Overview & Benefits
On completion of training, successful candidates should be able to understand the role of the first aider including reference to:
- The importance of preventing cross infection;
- The need for recording incidents and actions;
- Use of available equipment
Sample of Emergency First Aid at Work Program
- Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency;
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure);
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation;
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is choking;
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding;
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock;
- Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters).
- Use an AED effectively with minimum interruptions
The HSE strongly recommends that first aiders undertake annual refresher training.
Recertification training must be completed within three years. The First Aider will have to re-sit the full 1 day (6 hour contact time) course when their certificate expires.
The Resuscitation Council recommend that Defibrillator skills be updated at least once a year, and preferably more often
Duration: The First Aid at Work Refresher Course program is delivered over 1 day.
Certification: On successful completion practical assessment, the delegate will receive a certificate from St. John – Certified Trainers.
We look forward to hearing from you and taking the next steps to ensure your health and safety requirements are met.
GIMS works with you to ensure a safer future. We are shooting for STARS
- Start Course: 23rd August, 2021
- Duration: One (1) day
- Prerequisites: No
- Skill Level: beginner